Thursday 6 January 2011

Making the Magazine Front Cover

1.























These were my favourite photos from the ones I took. However I prefer Ellie in the second one as there isn't any light on her face and I prefer Sarah in the first one. I also prefer the position in which they are standing in the second picture so I decided I would photoshop the image of Sarah in the first photo into the photo of Ellie on the right.

2.
























To cut Sarah out from the original photo I traced around the image of her with a 'magnetic lasso tool' and saved her as a separate image.


3.























I placed the image and Sarah over the original photo of Sarah making it look like an original photo. However there was still a line around the edge of Sarah making it look unprofessional and untidy.

4.















I used a 'Clone stamp' to blend Sarah coat to parts of the original image so it looked genuine and not overlapped.

5.
































I edited the photo removing the background of the woods and neatly tracing around Ellie and Sarah's heads to ensure there was no evidence of the original background.

6.































I edited the background filling it in a bright blue as the TV magazine I had researched had a blue background. I also chose this colour as it is not too distrasting; the actresses are still the main focus.

7.





































I then began to create the name of the magazine. I made it in a red square with a white border. The word 'TV' white to make it appear bold and stand out against the red and blue. I also did this as I had seen it in two different television magazines.

8.















I made the headline of the magazine overlap the photo of Ellie and Sarah and had it in black bold writing. I thought the headline 'Holiday Horror' was a catchy title for a soap. I put it on a yellow background to support my TV magazine research and make it eye catching and stand out. I decided the subtitle 'Could this be the end for Sarah?!' would be in red to make it stand out and to make a link to the fact Sarah dies in the episode.

9.























Next I began to place my supporting images onto my magazine. I began with an image of my friend Annabel hoovering the carpet wearing a dress and heels. It was a photo I already had and had not taken specifically for my magazine but thought it seemed appropriate. I decided to have it supporting a new TV show called 'The Real Housewives'.

10.
I took a photo of Josie and Rachel to put onto the front page of my magazine. I decided I would say there is an exclusive interview from them both inside called "The Only Way is Kent".


















I cut them out of the background using the lasso tool.






















I then filled in the background grey.




















11.


I inserted the picture into the bottom light hand corner of the page. I also changed the background of "The Real Desperate Housewives" so that it is grey. I inserted a yellow star with 'NEW!' inside to draw attention to it and

















11.
To support the picture of Josie and Rachel I wrote "Exclusive interview with Josie and Rachel about hit new reality TV show "The Only Way is Kent".
















12.

I then inserted a white star similar to the one on my researched magazine with "BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT SECRETS INSIDE!"





















13.

The final step was inserted a barcode and the date and price to make it look a professional magazine.



















No comments:

Post a Comment