Monday 17 January 2011

First Shoot

I filmed my soap opera in Joydens' Wood. I found that it was still snowy and icy which could be a problem when reshooting other parts if there is no snow. In the event of this, I will unfortunately have to reshoot the parts including snow. However, I am filming in the dark and discovered that the quality of film was better when there was snow as my characters could be seen clearer from the brightness of the snow. It acted as an additonal light.





It took me several attempts to get the 'hammering in the tent peg' scene right because I found it hard trying to make the filming smooth and not shakey. I soon mastered it and used a tripod to keep the camera still and more controlled. My actress was good however. If there is no more snow then I could avoid reshooting this particular clip and still include it in my trailer as the snow is not shown til the end of the footage so I could 'split' the clip and delete that bit.





I filmed a 360 degree shot of the wood which did not come out as clear as I had hoped because I had filmed it too fast so as a result it became blurry.



I also filmed Sarah disappearing into the woods. I felt this shot went well.


I also had a problem with the camera as when I thought it was recording it wasn't and when I thought I'd stopped it it was recording. This meant I had to re-film everything I had just done.

No comments:

Post a Comment