Wednesday 10 November 2010

Music and Sound

I wanted instrumental music over my trailer and searched youtube to find an appropriate piece. I finally settled on the instrumental of Lil Wayne called 'Hot'. I thought this suited my video very well as it was repetitive and upbeat and enhances the trailer rather than over shadows it and I believe adds to the tension.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=taYks0oJlSg


I wanted the car doors to slam as I thought it was effective. Sarah's door slammed really well but Ellie's didnt't so I copied the sound from Sarah's door onto Ellie's door. I thought this had a big impact as it was the only sound over the music.

Another effective sound was the sound of the hammer on the peg. I changed the volume to make it louder in order to create more of an impact. The sound of the hammering is almost a preview of the murder that is about to happen.

I have emphasied the rustling of the leaves as the attacker walks past the tent to make it look ans sound more sinister as noone knows he is there. It also makes the audience think that something bad is going to happen.

I thought it would be effective to include a scream into my video but not show what has happened to intrigue the audience. Sarah's scream was quite feeble and pathetic so I recorded myself screaming instead.

I recorded my mum as the voiceover at the end as I thought she had a good secretarial voice for it. I showed her different soap trailers with voiceovers at the end to show her how I wanted her to say it and wrote it down for her. "Is it too late for Sarah? DA1 all next week on SoapTV". I thought this was very effective and sounded just like the voiceovers on professional soap trailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment