Friday 26 November 2010

Making the poster


After opening my chosen photo into Adobe Photoshop I made the brightness and contrast higher to create more effect.














I then made the vibrance higher to define the colours and make it appear more effective and eye catching to the audience.














I inserted a cooling filter to make the poster looking slightly more creepy, cold and a bit darker seeing as there is a murder in the soap.













I used the cropping tool on photoshop to cut the excess background off my picture as it was too distracting and made the poster portrait



















I then inserted the name of the soap 'DA1' into the poster. At first I made it red as I wanted it to be bright and bold but decided it was too bright and distracting from the picture so made it yellow. It is still bold and bright but I believe it looks better and still leaves the photo of Ellie and Sarah as the main focus.

I wanted a dark outline around the letters 'DA1' to make them stand out more and look more appealing. To do this I selected the letters and then changed the layer style.







From this I could select what colour I wanted a chose a dark grey as I thought it looked effective and complimentary against the yellow.


















I thought it would be a good idea to include when DA1 is on so put in bold letters at the top of the page 'Every week day 8pm Soap TV'.


















No comments:

Post a Comment